Table of contents
Data protection and privacy
For each page requested, the web site minimally records:
- Your IP address
- The date and time of visit
- Details of your user agent
- The URL of the page requested
- The referer
If you supply your e-mail address (for example, by signing up to a mailing list or corresponding with the webmaster) it will only be used for the purpose for which it was supplied.
We will not pass on your e-mail address or any other personally identifying information about you to any party external to the University of Oxford.
Cookies for analytics
This site uses Google Analytics to collect statistics on the use of this website. We do not share the information we collect with anyone outside of the University, and we are unable to identify you individually though Google Analytics.
The site content (excluding individual datasets) is made available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 UK: England & Wales 2.0.
The data exposed through this site are made available under the licences attached to their respective datasets.
If in doubt, contact the dataset's contact address or the open data team for clarification.
Users of the site are required to be considerate in their use. This means that:
- You shall not perform excessively intensive or frequent queries against the SPARQL endpoint.
- Where you are using a non-browser user-agent, the User-Agent header should include details of your application, including contact details (e.g. an e-mail or web address), so that we can contact you if we feel you are — intentionally or otherwise — being excessive in your use of the site.
- Where you distribute software that makes requests of the site, you should be confident that the software will not perform excessive requests.
We understand that our use of excessive is rather vague. We reserve the right to rate-limit or block clients that we determine to be excessive, or are having a detrimental effect on the service provided to other users.
Use of data
You are free to use the data provided by this site for whatever purpose, provided you honour the terms of any licences under which the data is made available.
Where you are unsure of the interpretation of data distributed through this site, we encourage you to seek clarification from the respective dataset maintainer or the open data team.
The statement on ownership, liability and use on the main University website applies — in addition to the above statements — to this site and all sites made available through its subdomains.